The Epson XP 400 is a well-known printer from the Epson brand. This printing equipment has a number of unusual characteristics. Epson XP 400 is not, however, devoid of technical problems.
One of the most common problems that Epson XP 400 owners have is Epson XP 400 not printing. The Epson error may surface due to many issues. Issues with the print spooler service are among some of the most significant contributing causes. Think about problems like “Epson XP 400 printing blank pages” or “Epson XP 400 printer error turn power off.” If this is the case, here are some solutions. If that’s the case, the information provided below may be of use in eliminating the problem.
What triggers the “Epson XP 400 not printing” error?
The “Epson XP 400 not printing” issue may be caused by a variety of factors. To figure out what’s wrong, run “Epson XP-400 troubleshooting”. For the same, check out or refer to the “Epson XP-400 manual.”
When an Epson XP 400 starts to show signs of wear and tear, it’s usually a sign that the ink pads need to be replaced. As a result, you’d get an error message and a red flashing light all of a sudden. Epson XP 400 has an inbuilt waste ink pad for collecting unused ink.
Soaking up excess ink while your printer works or absorbing spilled ink when cleaning the print head are their responsibilities. Additionally, the waste ink pad gathers any unused ink. In simple words, when you get an error message, it is most likely due to the waste ink pad having reached its maximum capacity.
A paper jam may be to blame for the Epson XP 400’s failure to print. Epson XP 400 prints blank pages as a consequence of this. Look for any clogged items in the paper route and make sure it’s free of them. If you discover any, throw them away right away. You may also thoroughly clean the printer.
Problem with black ink or blank pages:
Epson printer XP 400 users often complain that the black ink does not print properly. Don’t worry if you’re having the same problem!
Check to see whether the ink in your printer is going low. If that’s the case, you’ll have to get a new ink cartridge. Examine the paper tray as well to see whether there is enough on it.
Old Firmware: If your printer and firmware are both old, it will be difficult to print. Additionally, you may hear odd noises from time to time.
Buying a new one is a must if this is the case. Make the switch to the most recent technologies for quick & efficient results.
Wrong or obsolete drivers: The use of outdated “Epson XP-400 drivers windows 10” may result in the error.
How to Fix Epson XP-400 Black Ink Not Printing Issues?
Here are some quick and easy ways to diagnose the issue and have it fixed in no time.
Step 1: The first step is to check the Epson printer connection.
When the Epson printer won’t print, it’s usually because of a problem with the printer’s connection. You should check your Epson printer’s connection before moving on to more complicated troubleshooting.
Step 2: Connecting your printer via USB cable
- Check to see whether the USB cable is connected correctly to the correct port. Also, check sure the USB cable you’re connecting with isn’t damaged or broken.
- Consider connecting your printing equipment directly to your computer instead than via a hub.
- You should replace the USB cable if you discover that it is defective or corrupted.
- With regard to Wi-Fi Connections, check the modem and router to see whether the network connection is working properly.
- To proceed, connect the Epson XP 400 to a reliable wi-fi network.
- Connect the gadget to your home or office network.
- If your Bluetooth-enabled device has been successfully connected, continue reading.
- Be sure your Epson printer is near enough to your computer before you print anything.
- The setup procedure should be re-tried to see whether the issue still occurs.
Step 3: Check on the Epson XP 400’s condition/status.
We recommend that you check the status of your Epson XP 400 equipment here, in this method. You’ll be able to fix the issue quickly after you figure out what’s wrong with your printer.
Follow these steps to check the Epson XP 400’s hardware status:
- Check to see whether your printer’s toner or ink is low. Toner and ink cartridges must be replaced as needed.
- Ensure that the ink cartridge you are using is original.
Step 4: Install the latest printer driver.
- Epson XP 400 not printing is a very frequent issue if your printing equipment is using an old version of the printer driver.
- However, updating your printer driver to the most recent version will resolve this issue quickly. To complete the project, follow these steps:
- In order to open the Run window, press the Windows logo key plus R. The command will be executed by typing “devmgmt.msc” into the dialogue box and then pressing the Enter key.
- The “Device Manager” will provide a list of all the devices and drivers that have been installed on your computer.
- The “Printer Driver” may be found in the results-oriented window.
- Right-click on it and choose “Search automatically for updated driver software” after you’ve found it.
- The next step is to choose “Update Driver” from the resultant menu.
- The “Install Update” option may be used if the most recent version of the printer driver is available.
- You’ll have to restart your device to make use of the new features once the installation is complete.
Step 5: Make the Epson XP 400 your default printing device
The Epson XP 400 device may be reset as a default device, which is a solid method to get the outcome you want.
You should attentively follow the underlying instructions if you want to continue with this job.
- To begin, open the Run window as described in Step 1. Use the Run window to open a dialogue box and then press the Enter key after typing “Control.”
- In the Control Panel, choose “View By” and change it to “Large Icons”. Next, choose “Devices and Printers” by scrolling down.
- From the list that appears in the following section, find the Epson XP 400. Once the Epson XP 400 has been identified, choose “Set as Default” from the drop-down menu that appears. The new changes may be saved by pressing both the “Apply” and the “Yes” buttons.
Step 6. Check out your print spooler service
Print spooler problems, such as the Epson XP-400 not printing black, results from numerous technological faults and service malfunctions. Follow these steps to assess the service:
- Enter “Services.msc” into the Run window when it opens. The Service window will show on the display screen once you run the command.
- Double-tap on the “Print Spooler Service,” which should now be visible.
- After that, go to “Startup Type” and make certain that “Automatic” is selected.
- If the service is already running, click “Stop” and then “Start” to restart it.
- Next, choose “OK” from the pop-up option that appears.
- As soon as you’ve done that, print anything to see whether you’ve solved the Epson XP 400 printing problem.
Step 7: Put an end to all printing jobs.
If the print queue becomes too full or blocked, your Epson XP 400 won’t print in black. To fix the problem in this case, you’ll have to empty the print queue. To halt all print jobs, just follow the steps below.
- Use the “Service.msc” command to open the “Service” window. Select “Print Spooler Service” from the “Services” menu and click “Stop.”
- When you’re done, click the Windows logo + E key combination to bring up the File Explorer again.
- On the next page, pick all the files you want to remove and click the “Remove” button. Follow the directions that show on the computer screen at all times.
Also Read – Epson WF2540 Not Printing
Step 8: Cleaning the Print head is step seven of the procedure.
If the Epson XP 400 not printing issue continues after doing the steps listed above, you’ll need to clean the print head. Follow complete the assignment, adhere to the guidelines provided below.
- For devices and printers, go to the ‘control panel. ‘
- Right-click on “Epson XP 400” and choose “Printing Preferences” to open this menu.
- Click on the “Head Cleaning” option under the “Manager” menu. Tap on “Start” to start the cleaning procedure.
- Complete the print head cleaning by following the on-screen instructions.
Various issues can trigger the “Epson XP 400 not printing” error. You have to perform “Epson XP-400 troubleshooting” to understand the underlying problem. For any further help, contact us.