You don’t need any technical degree to understand the importance of HP Printer drivers if you use a printer on regular basis. It is what helps in the smooth functioning of the printer and easing out the printing jobs.
However, it is very common for a user to face some fatal errors. The major reason behind this could be the temporary files clogging up your system. You don’t have to worry about it as you can easily delete them.
All you need to do is open the ‘Run’ box in your laptop/desktop by pressing the ‘Windows key’ and ‘R’ together. Then you are required to type ‘%temp%’ in the search box and hit enter. You will see a new window on the screen with a number of files and folders. Select all of them and delete them to fix the fatal issue while installing HP printer driver.
If this doesn’t solve your problem then don’t worry as this was just a basic step and we will be providing you with a number of ways to fix it.
Some fatal errors while installing HP printer drivers
- Fatal error OK
- Error A fatal error occurred avoiding product use
- Fatal Error 2753 — MSI.dot4wrp
- The drivers for this device are not installed (Code 28). To reinstall drivers, click Reinstall Driver
Ways to fix fatal errors while installing HP Printer Drivers
You can refer to the following points to fix HP Printer driver issues:
Method 1: Run Windows Troubleshooter
Windows 10 comes with an inbuilt troubleshooter which you can use in the following ways to fix the issue:
- Go to Settings and click on ‘Update and Security’
- Open ‘Troubleshooter’ and select ‘Printer’ under ‘Get up and running’. Click on ‘Run the troubleshooter’
- Allow it to run a diagnostic check and follow the on screen instructions to rectify if it finds any error
Method 2: Disable HP Smart Install
It is software that comes along with HP Printer. If you are facing any issue then try to disable it by using the following ways:
- On your printer screen, go to Setup and then select ‘Service’
- Open HP Smart Install and make sure the feature is deactivated
- Now try to install the driver and see if disabling the feature has resolved the issue or not
Method 3: Reconnect the printer
At times, you can resolve the issue just by switching off the printer and then turning it back on. Make sure you disconnect it from the power source and then reconnect it and it might get rid of HP printer driver issue.
Method 4: Remove the Printer from the laptop/desktop
- Open ‘Control Panel’ and then open ‘Hardware and Sound’
- Click on ‘View Devices and printers’ and then select the printer with the problem and click on ‘Remove device’ and then click on ‘Ok’
- Restart the laptop/desktop once it is done
- Once the laptop is on, press Windows key + R and type ‘OK.Printui.exe /s’ in the command box
- This will prompt to Printer server properties. Click on the option which says ‘Drivers tab’, select the HP printer and click on ‘Remove’
- Select Remove driver and driver package option and click on ‘Ok’ once you are done
Install the drivers again to see if you have fixed the HP printer driver issue.
Method 5: Deactivate Printer Spooler Service
In order to stop it, follow the below mentioned steps:
- Open ‘Run’ and press Windows key + R together and type ‘services.msc’ and click on ‘Enter’
- Once the Service window opens up. Search for ‘Printer Spooler’ and right click on it and select ‘Stop’
- Close the window and open the ‘Run’ box again and hit enter after typing Spool
- Delete whatever you see in that folder and if it asks for administrator access then allow it
- Open the services window for another time and click on ‘Start’ next to printer spooler services by right clicking the option
If you face any other issue related to hp printer driver then feel free to get in touch with us and the experts at Printer Driver Support will help you out in no time in the best way possible