Why My Brother Printer Is Offline?
When a printer goes offline again and again the major issue behind this can be low-speed internet, connectivity issue, and power supply. These are some of the common issues, other than these there can be more. Brother printer undoubtedly provides the best features in its printer but it is a printer though and Brother Printer is no exceptional. If your Brother printer is showing offline status then you get ready to do some real work.
If you find it tough and get any problem in doing so, you are free to call on Brother Printer support number, 1 (877) 276-8437.
The problem is critical and the professional assessment can pinpoint the actual cause of the brother printer offline issue. So before you take any remedial steps, it is important to know the possible answers of- why is my brother printer offline?
The following are the most common reason behind the brother printer offline issue. You can check your printer step-by-step and then go to troubleshooting steps.
- Check the connectivity of your printer with Wifi. If you have a wireless Brother printer, it is advised to reconnect it and if you have a USB cable connectivity printer then make sure all the wires and USB are not unplugged.
- Ensure that your printer is not in sleep mode and it is connected with the computer.
- Paper-jam is also the major issue that pauses your printer and makes Brother Printer offline.
- Low-ink and no printing paper in the print tray can give the rise to Brother Printer's offline issues.
- Loss in drivers while updating Windows or system sometimes gives rise to printer offline issue.
- Ensure that you have not given so many printing commands at a time, as multiple printing jobs can pause your printer or turn it to offline mode.
We have mentioned to you some common major reasons because of which your brother printer says offline. Now let us move forward to see the troubleshooting solutions.
How Do I Turn My Brother Printer Offline To Online?
Printers are sensitive with a little fluctuate in light that can make Brother Printer offline. If you get successful in finding the reason for Brother Printer offline issue, now you will easily solve this daunting problem which is troubling your work. If you wish to check everything and want to solve your Brother Printer offline issue yourself, then you can do this easily with our below troubleshooting steps.
After checking all the connectivity of your printer, still, your brother printer says offline, proceed towards the below steps.
- Open your computer and ensure that your brother printer is also on.
- Now click on Start, go to Control Panel and open Printers & Faxes.
- This sequence will open up a new window and show you a list of printers. The list will include all the printers that are currently set up on your computer.
- Now look for your brother printer and double click on it. It will show you all the printing jobs that are scheduled for the printer.
- Delete all the printing commands, because sometimes multiple commands also make brother printer offline.
- Now click on Printer in the menu and turn your printer online. Click “Use printer online”. If your brother printer offline or paused the step will make it online.
- Still facing Brother Printer offline problem, then, at last, you can do is to uninstall your printer driver and again install brother printer drivers to wake it up from the offline mode.
How Do I Fix My Brother Printer Offline Windows 10?
Many users have experienced brother printer offline issues after the Windows update. But if you are thinking it is the reason then we would like to correct you here. There are various reasons that can rise brother printer is offline, however, this issue not only occurs during an update but it could be anything even more than one or two culprits.
Above we have mentioned some common issues make sure that you have checked the out. And now we are guiding to solve brother printer offline Windows 10 step-by-step:
- First and foremost you need to check the connectivity of your printer. It should be connected well with your computer and also with high-speed internet.
- Next, you have to make a few changes in the settings manually that will help you in solving the brother printer offline.
- When you find that your brother printer says offline, immediately open the printer settings and turn brother printer online from offline.
- Click the Windows icon, click on Settings and open Devices.
- See at the left side the screen, now click Printer & Scanners.
- There a list of the current printer connected to the computer will get open.
- Now search your printer and select it. If you don’t find your printer then click “Add a printer or scanner”.
- Your computer will start searching for your Brother printer, so make sure it is On.
- Now select the printer and add it.
- But in case you find your printer in the list, you need to click on your Brother printer.
- You will see three options: Open queue, Manage and Remove Device.
- First delete all the print jobs, because this can also make your brother printer offline.
- If the issue is still here, then we suggest you run a Troubleshoot.
- Now check by printing a test paper. If the still issue occurs then remove the printer.
- Add your printer once again.
How Do I Get My Brother Printer Back Online Mac?
When you give the command to your printer and it doesn’t not works or gives brother printer offline status. There could be multiple reasons behind it. Restart your printer and computer, and then again connect the printer to a computer and Wi-Fi.
If you have a USB cable connectivity printer make sure that all the wires are tightly connected.
Now after checking you can proceed to troubleshoot steps.
- The check brother printer is powered on and there is no error in it.
- Next, you need to see that the paper tray should not be empty and the printer cable is connected properly.
- Now, check whether your brother printer is set as the default printer or not.
- To know this, go to the Apple menu> System Preferences> Open Printer and Scanners. Confirm that default printer.
- Again open System Preferences and select your brother printer from the given list of printers. Click the “Open Print Queue” button, select all the print jobs and delete all.
- Now resume the paused printer. Change settings of your Brother printer that is making printer offline.
- Click “Open Print Queue” you will see a Resume Printer icon, you have to click on it.
- If still, your printer doesn’t start working, then try re-installing your brother printer.
- Remove the printer, click on the [–] button at the bottom of the printers’ list. Now reinstall the printer drivers and software.
Sometimes it happens that users could not fix brother printer offline issues, so to solve this you can call on brother printer support help 1 (877) 276-8437.