Epson printing devices work most of the time efficiently. But sometimes, unforeseen errors can crop up. People who use this printer on Mac deal with a peculiar problem. When they find the Epson printer offline Mac error flashing on their PC’s screen, they feel clueless about the resolutions. Many people aren’t familiar with this issue. As a result, bringing printers back online can feel like a challenge. In this article, you’ll understand why your Epson printer goes offline and fixes to deal with it.
Why Is Epson Printer Offline Mac?
Communication and connection issues are two main reasons for your Epson printer showing offline Mac status. Apart from this, there are other reasons as well for this error.
- Weak Wi-Fi signal.
- A problem with the Epson driver.
- Your printer is in sleep mode.
- Your Mac commands the wrong printer.
- Mac firewall is creating issues.
- Incorrect USB connection.
- There’s an extra printer on your Mac.
- Pending print jobs
Fix the Epson Printer Offline Mac Problem
Depending on the reason for the error, you can follow a suitable troubleshooting technique. Below are the various fixes you can implement.
Remove the additional printer from your Mac device.
In most cases, the Epson printer says offline Mac because of the installation of the same printer numerous times. So, it’s crucial to remove them from your Mac.
- Go to the Apple menu, and choose the ‘System Preferences ‘ option.
- You’ll see another window opening with various options. From them, choose the option of ‘Printer and Scanner.’
- Now, you’ll find another window opening. Here, you’ll find a list of every printer linked with your Mac.
- Now, you can delete extra added or similar printers. To do that, tap on your printer from this list, and choose the ‘-‘ symbol. It is present in the down-left corner.
- Now, the extra printer from the list will get removed.
- Next, set your Epson printer as the default one.
- Lastly, restart the Epson printer.
Ensure that the printer isn’t sleeping or in an idle state
Whenever you give your Epson printer a print command, you must ensure that it isn’t sleeping or in an idle state. When the printer is in this state, you can see an amber light in the power LED on the printer.
So, to get the printer out of this state, hit the power button to make it active. You’ll see a green or blue light when your printer turns active. It will not display the Epson printer offline error once it turns active.
Clear pending print jobs
As mentioned before, pending print jobs can lead you to find that your Epson printer keeps going offline Mac. To cancel the printing jobs, adhere to these points.
- Double-tap the icon of the printer on the taskbar.
- Hit the ‘X’ button beside a specific job to cancel it.
- Reboot your Epson printer and Mac device.
- Now you won’t find your Epson printer showing offline.
Ensure that your printer is connected correctly
You will find an Epson printer offline Mac when it’s not connected correctly with either USB or wirelessly. So here are the steps to ensure proper USB and wireless connection.
- Switch off the printer and wait for around five seconds.
- Take the USB cable out from the printer’s rear.
- Now switch on the printer. It can complete all the tasks in the queue.
- Attach the cable after five seconds and ensure that it’s inserted firmly into the USB port.
- Try printing and check if the status is online.
You must connect the Epson printer to Wi-Fi properly so that it doesn’t show offline on Mac.
- Switch off the printer and allow it to turn silent.
- Restart the router. Unplug it from its power source and wait for some time.
- Link the router to power and let it link to the web.
- Reboot Mac and then tap the Apple icon.
- Click ‘System Preferences’ followed by ‘Printers and Scanners.’
- You will see your Epson printer in the list. It means that it is connected.
Reset your Epson printer
Resetting the Epson printer is another trick to fix this offline problem. It’s a common troubleshooting technique employed to get the printer back online on Mac. Follow these steps below to reset your Epson printer.
- Ensure that the printing machine is inactive.
- Let the printer be turned on. Now, unplug the power cord from both its wall outlet as well as the back.
- After a minute, you can connect the power cord again to the wall outlet as well as the printer’s rear.
- Lastly, press the Power button to turn on your printer.
Reinstall the Epson printer driver
A macOS needs drivers to work with hardware. If you don’t have the right driver, you’ll face the Epson printer offline Mac issue more often. Follow these steps to reinstall the driver.
- Go to the Apple menu, and choose ‘System Preferences.’
- Next, tap ‘Print & Fax.’
- Highlight the Epson printer, and tap the ‘-‘ button to take them away from the Printers list.
- Then, tap ‘OK.’
- Now, open the ‘Hard Drive.’
- Choose ‘Library’ followed by ‘Printers.’
- Choose the folder that says ‘EPSON.’
Then, take it to the trash. This step will remove all Epson printer drivers you’ve installed. You are required to reinstall any printer drivers that you still want.
- Now, empty or delete the trash and start your computer again.
- Navigate to the suitable ‘Support Printer’ model page, and download the appropriate driver for your Epson printer.
- Launch the downloaded file, and adhere to the instructions you see on the screen for the driver software installation.
- When the process finishes, tap ‘Quit.’
- Go to the Apple menu, pick ‘System Preferences’, and tap ‘Print & Fax.’
- If you use a network connection, tap the ‘+’ button for adding your printing device.
- Tap ‘More printers,’ and choose ‘Epson TCP/IP.’
- Now, select your printer.
It isn’t hard to troubleshoot the ‘Epson printer offline Mac’ problem. You just need to understand the various fixes and use them to get the desired result. But if your printer shows offline on Mac even after using these fixes, it’s time to seek help from experts. Contact professional Epson printer technical support services.