Are you using Canon printers and finding it troublesome to set it up? If yes, then find out more about the Canon printer wireless setup and how to set up Canon printers for Wi-Fi on Mac and Windows devices. Also, continue reading this blog for the best answer.
Canon is also known for its high-quality printing. To use the printer, the first step is to set up the printer. However, if a user wants to know how about Canon printer wireless setup, then they can set it up by following the instructions.
Use of Canon printer wireless setup
The Canon Printer Wireless Setup is used to connect your computer to the Canon Printer over a wireless network. However, when connecting wirelessly, it is convenient to be able to print from anywhere using the device. Although, if the file is stored on your device and if you need to print it, then just select the file and print it. Set up a Canon printer wirelessly.
Think about how to get a Canon printer on your Mac, Windows, iPad, iPhone, or iPod, or how to set up your Android. phone? When you download the Canon PRINT app and press the printer’s wireless connection button, Then the information stored on your devices, such as your Wi-Fi password and name, is automatically moved, making the setup process faster and easier than ever. Will be.
Various methods of Canon Printer Wi-Fi Settings
The two methods used for Canon printer wireless setup are the WPS method and the standard connection method. However, if the user is looking for a Canon printer setup, Then one of these connection methods can be used. Before proceeding, make sure your Canon printer can also connect to the Internet.
WPS Setup Connection Method:
This method is widely used on Windows and Mac operating systems. The wireless router has a push-button for WPS. Check your computer’s wireless settings, then turn on WEP security. To connect your Canon printer to Wi-Fi:
- First Turn on the Canon printer and then place the router nearby so that you can access the WPS button.
- Press and hold the printer’s Wi-Fi button until the light comes on.
- Now wait 2 minutes and then press the WPS button on your router.
- When you browse the network, then the blue Wi-Fi light will come on.
- Once connected to the wireless network. The power LED and Wi-Fi LED is still lit.
However to check the connection, try printing the page from your Canon printer. Then, load paper into the printer and see if the printer works properly. People connect Canon printer to a Wi-Fi network. Try printing a test page. It should work. These steps also help users set up their Canon printers wirelessly.
Canon’s standard connection method:
Use this method if your router does not have WPS capability. The following are guidelines for users who want to know how to set up a Canon printer. They are as follows-
- Firstly connect your computer to the printer and then configure network settings.
- Next, load paper in the input tray. Press and hold the Resume or Cancel button.
- After that, Check the connection status for a few seconds on the printout of the information page, and also check the network name.
- First of all, make sure the printer is turned on and also connected properly for setup.
- An Ethernet cable is required for the wired connection. Make sure the required drivers are already installed on your system.
- Now, connect your printer to the internet and then check the speed.
- For routers, connect your computer and printer also to the router.
Canon Printer Setup for Windows Operating System:
- Click Start> Settings to open it.
- Then click Devices in the Settings window, select Printers and Scanners under that option, and then select Add Printer or Scanner.
- This will add the printer to the list. Now, connect to the same network as the printer. Follow the steps above to complete the device setup. When setup is complete, you will be given the option to use the printer. You can now print from Windows using your printer, and you have set up your Canon wireless printer.
Canon Printer Setup for Mac OS:
- The first step is to select System Preferences, then Printers and Scanners.
- Next, select the + icon to add a printer. Select and then add a printer from the available list.
- For routers, connect your Mac device and printer to the same network.
- To check the connection, then run a test print. connect your Canon printer to your Wi-Fi router.
Install and then, run the Canon Network Device Setup Utility, turn on the printer and connect via USB, select the USB connection option to complete the connection process, and the printer’s IPv4 number Change the connection options with. Select your Wi-Fi network and enter your Wi-Fi network password to complete the connection process. The setup is now complete. Remove the USB cable and add a printer using the Add option Add Device in Control Panel. Ready to use the printer.
If you are using a Canon wireless printer, you don`t need cables to print documents from your laptop or smartphone. However, you will need the cable while setting up the Canon wireless printer.
Steps to set up a Canon wireless printer
- Press the Home button on your Canon printer
- Use the Up and Down arrow buttons to select the WLAN icon
- Press the left function button
- The WLAN setup appears on the screen, select the option
- Press the OK button
- The Blue Wi-Fi indicator lights up which indicates the wireless connection is enabled
- You are presented with two setup options– WPS and Standard Setup
- By default, the printer selects the WPS setup method
- Press the button indicated on the display which says “Other Methods”
- Select Standard Setup and Press OK
- The printer will start searching for available Wi-Fi networks and display it
- After you select the network, you will be prompted to enter a password
- Enter the password to connect to the Wi-Fi network
- After you have entered the password, tap on the left function button to select Done
- The network password will be displayed if the password entered is correct
- Press the OK button
- The printer will now connect to the Wi-Fi network
Sometimes the wireless printing does not work and users are confused about the exact problem with wireless printing. One of the most common issues with wireless printing is “printer is not able to connect to Wi-Fi network”.
Wireless Printer unable to connect to Wi-Fi network
If you are facing a problem connecting the printer to the wireless network, the first thing you need to do is update the drivers for your Canon printer. You will get the latest driver updates from the Canon website and if you have difficulty finding the Drivers, or would like to automate the updates, use a driver update tool.
Search for your printer model and check for driver updates for your Windows OS. If that doesn`t help, you need to run the setup program CD provided with your printer and run it again. You will be required to connect your PC and the printer via USB cable during installation.
If you have tried everything and the issues still persist, check the Wi-Fi connection by following the troubleshooting steps given below:
- Select Setup on the Home Screen of your printer
- Choose Device Settings and Press the OK button
- Use the Up and Down arrow button to choose LAN settings and Press the OK button
- Use the Up or Down button to choose to Confirm LAN settings and Press the OK button
- And ,use the Up or Down button to choose select Print LAN details and Press the OK button
- Use the Up or Down button to choose yes and press the OK button
When you get the connection details, check signal strength. This should be in the range of 7080 or higher. If less, the printer should be closer to the router. The reverse is also true. If you have multiple Wi-Fi networks in your area, change your router’s transmission channel to a less congested channel.
Also Read : Canon MG3600 Setup
To find out more about Canon printer wireless setup, you can contact the to the Canon printer support. The team for Canon printer setup or any other questions. Canon Customer Support Executives that excel in its service provide all the assistance you need. Contact details for contacting support can be found on the website.