The Canon Printer Error 5100 signifies a dispute with the ink carriage. There is a probability that something must have stuck into the cartridge carriage. Owing to this, Error 5100 is associated with a carriage error. If there is a blockage, you can resolve it by using service mode and emptying the printer heads. Hence, if you are consistently dealing with the same issue with your Canon printer, don’t be concerned. The Canon mg5320 error 5100 shows in Canon mg5320.
How this blog would help you?
This blog will show you how to get rid of this error code in a few simple measures. This would be a very useful solution. You can come across the Canon MP470 error 5100 if you are using Canon MP470.
Symptoms of Canon fault code 5100:
To understand the effects of the printer error 5100, given below are the symptoms:
- Your printer’s warning lamp will begin to lit orange.
- The power lamp will alternately glow.
- Documents and pictures would not be eligible to be printed.
- The timing strip on the printer would look dusty.
- The FINE ink cartridges are moved further from their original place.
Read More: Quick Ways to Fix Canon Pixma Not Printing
What causes Canon 5100 printer error?
Before we understand the Canon 5100 printer ink error, let’s look at the reasons. An in-depth understanding helpful would help to rectify the issue and avoid the problem in the future.
- The problem mainly occurs due to dirt and debris. This happens when you don’t keep the exterior sections of your Canon printer clean.
- The common reason for an error occurrence is not keeping the interiors of your Canon printer clear. In fact, this is the second most reason for the error to happen.
- Make sure you’re using the right thickness and scale of printing paper. Otherwise, the likelihood of a 5100 error rises.
- Unnecessary blockages in your machine’s channel will lead to a slew of errors. One such error is error 5100.
- If the ink cartridge in your Canon printer is not authentic, you can see this error message.
- This error code appears when the machine’s ink cartridge does not assemble.
- Any document jammed in your printer may be the source of the 5100 error code.
- The machine’s print head has to be cleaned daily. If it is not done, this Error 5100 Canon MP287 code would impact your printer.
- A defective FINE cartridge or a non-genuine FINE cartridge is the source of the error code.
- A malfunction with your printer’s ink absorbent may be the perfect symbol of error.
Fixing Error 5100 on Canon Printer
To overcome the 5100 error code, certain troubleshooting steps are doable. This would allow you to keep your Canon printer in good working condition. Recalibrating the Canon printer and the ink cartridge are two of the fastest remedies for this error message. Other measures include cleaning up the different parts of the Canon printer from the outside and inside. You need to clear the stuck paper. Adjusting the ink absorber and changing the FINE ink cartridge with a new one are a few other excellent solutions. Here are the techniques to fix the Canon error code 5100 as explained.
Resolving problem 1: Canon Printer Must Be Reset.
To get rid of the 5100 error code is to reset your Canon printer. Learn how to fix Canon printer error 5100 by resetting it in simple steps.
- Turn off the Canon printer.
- Remove the plug of the Canon printer’s power cord.
- Hold your breath for a few moments.
- Finally, reconnect the power cord to your Canon printer.
- Switch on your computer by pressing and holding the “Resume” button.
- When your device’s light turns on, let go of the “Resume” button.
This would ensure that the Canon printer would be up and running again. Now, when you issue a print command, the error code 5100 would not cause any issues.
Resolving problem 2: Clean the interior of your Canon printer of dust.
Wipe to keep clean the interior of the printer. This would help you rectify the Canon printer error 5100. For this repair, all you’ll need is a clean, soft cloth and some rubbing alcohol.
- Turn off your Canon printer if it is on.
- Get a clean, fluffy cover. Make sure the cotton is just somewhat wet.
- Wipe the exterior of the printer with a cloth to disinfect it.
- Then, grab a nice, lint-free cloth and some rubbing alcohol.
- Using a stain-free cloth and rubbing alcohol, clean the inside of the printer. Be sure you’re not moving any machinery by coercion.
Resolving problem 3: Canon Printer’s Fine Cartridge Issue
If your cartridge has become old, then you need to replace it with a new one. Otherwise, you may come across the error 5100. Make sure that the new cartridge is authentic when you’re replacing it. The 5100 error code would not be deleted if this is not done. To be specific, given below are the measures to replace the Fine cartridge.
- Turn the Canon printer off.
- Open the front cover of your printer.
- Take a look at the document tray.
- The Fine cartridge will automatically move to the replacement spot. The headcover will open on its own. Post that, remove the Fine cartridge. To do so, push down on the ink cartridge lever before you hear a popping sound.
- Replace the current cartridge’s packing and safety content.
- Insert the fresh FINE cartridge into the slot while holding it straight.
- Raise the lever on the ink cartridge.
- Finally, close the printer’s cover.
Resolving problem 4: Reset the ink cartridge of the Canon printer
Specific issues, such as the Canon printer error code 5100, can be caused by the ink cartridge in your Canon printer. This is mainly attributed to the cartridge being seated incorrectly. When this is the source of error code 5100, the only remedy is to reboot your printer’s ink cartridge. Consider following the five steps outlined below to reset your computer.
- Turn off and disconnect your Canon printer.
- Disconnect all USB cables from your device.
- Open your Canon printer’s cartridge door.
- Switch on your computer by pressing the “Power” button.
- Connect the printer’s power supply as well as the USB cables.
You May Also Like: How to do Canon printer wireless setup with an ease?
Resolving problem 5: Clean Canon Printer’s Printing Strip
Check out the interiors of the Canon printer and you would find a white plastic strip within. This is called the printing strip. It’s located above the drive belt. When this strip becomes dirty or unclean, your Canon printer can show the 5100 error code. The easiest Canon printer error 5100 problem-solver technique is to clean the printing strip. To begin, switch on your Canon printer. Check to see if the strip is safe. If it’s not safe, wipe it down gently with a smooth, dry towel. Once you’ve completed these procedures, pressed down on your Canon printer and use it as normal.
Resolving problem 6: Adjusting the ink cartridge
The Canon 5100 printer issue can occur due to incorrect ink cartridge panel modification. The only way to do this is to change it accordingly. You may use the below measures to adjust the ink cartridge panel.
- Remove the Canon printer’s ink cartridge panel.
- Remove the color packets from the shelf.
- Now, you must load each of the color packages one by one.
- Make sure the color packets are securely positioned once they’ve been mounted.
- Now, then print a test page.
- If the page prints without an error code appearing on the screen, the error code 5100 has been resolved.
Resolving problem 7: Examine the Canon Printer’s Mechanism
Any Canon printer user would face the 5100 error. This should prove to be a stumbling block. The Canon printer’s error would be due to the blockage owing to the cartridge’s difficult movement. One way to resolve Canon printer error 5100 is to make sure that the machine’s direction is completely open. Examine the machine’s cartridge to make sure it’s free of any obstructions.
Resolving problem 8: Resetting the Ink Absorber
The waste ink is absorbed by the ink absorbing material, which is a part of your Canon printer. At certain times, this component will be responsible for the error 5100. One of the best ways to repair Canon printer error code 5100 is to reboot the ink absorber. Following the below measures to reset it.
- Turn off your Canon printer.
- Disconnect the machine’s control cable.
- Switch on your Canon printer and hit the “Power” button.
- Reconnect the power cord when holding the “Power” button.
- Press and hold the “Power” button.
- After that, wait for at least 10 to 15 seconds.
- To complete the ink absorber resetting process, press the power button once more.
If the above suggestions do not work for you, don’t worry. You can easily receive dependable and trustworthy Canon Support for canon printer support code 5100. All these can be done from the comfort of your own home.
Canon printer error 5100 can be caused due to a variety of reasons. The main issue related to it can be an ink cartridge or problems with the different parts of the Canon printer. It can also result due to parts getting blocked from the outside and inside. The jammed paper is another problem. The wrong alignment of the ink absorber and old or duplicate ink cartridges can also be the problem creators. All the problems can be resolved by following the steps given in the article. For more printer support dial toll-free numbers.