Nowadays, world is dependent on cutting-edge technology, so much so, that it is indigestible to imagine a world without it. Technology like computers, printers, scanners, fax machines, or others is somehow essential to accomplishing professional work in a pinch. When it comes to making conversion of a softcopy into a hardcopy, printers are extremely compulsory. Printers are genuinely using for office work as well as personal tasks. But, like other technical devices, printers may sometimes create trouble while you print some urgent document. And, of course, being a novice, it will be nothing more complicated than handling your printer-related problems. In general, during a print-job, it is noticed that the Printer Is Offline. There are many possible reasons for getting a printer offline error message. The blog post describes intricate solving guides surely be effective to change the status of your printer from “offline” to “online”. Let’s read it out!
Why Is My Printer Offline?
Printers go offline due to several external factors. Some of the most common reasons associated with the Printer Is Offline problem are noted beneath:
- Discontinuation between computer and printer.
- Wi-Fi network connectivity issues.
- The Printer is probably not selected as a default printer.
- Print commands might be stuck in the print queue.
- Missing or outdated printer drivers.
- Printer’s compatibility issues.
- Maybe printer is in sleep mode.
- Misconception happening in between printers and computers.
- Also, because of not using authentic ink cartridges, Computer Says Printer Is Offline.
What To Do When Printer Is Offline?
Whenever your Printer Goes Offline implement the below-noted steps to get it resolved soon:
- Give a check on your printer’s connection and if the connection is lost, make a strong connection immediately.
- Try to reset your printer by powering it off and after a couple of minutes turn it ON.
- Update your Printer’s driver as soon as you can.
- Check your internet connectivity.
- Restart/Reopen the Print Spooler Service.
- Make your Printer’s IP Address Up-to-date.
- Manually pumping the printer to be online.
How Do I Get My Printer Online?
In the below section, we have compiled the ultimate fixing tips and tricks. So, if wandering for Printer Is Offline How To Fix, you finally land on the right page. Execute one-after-another mentioned solutions unless your printer becomes online from its offline state. Let’s start following:
Solution 1: Verify Your Printer’s Connection
The primary thing you must perform is to check your printer’s connection linked to your computer system. Take a brief look at the direct link crossing your printer to your switch and make sure there is no disconnection. And also, you need to confirm your USB link connecting your printer to your computer. If the connections to the system are justifiable, try switching the printer cable to an alternate USB port on your device.
For the printers that are connected through a Wi-Fi network, here’s what to perform:
- On your Windows PC, go to the “Printers and Scanners” section via Control Panel.
- Thereafter, select the “Network Settings” tab.
- Now, place a single click on the “Confirm Network Settings.”
- By doing this, the current network settings of your printer will be opened up.
- Moving ahead simply by verifying the network settings of your printer device.
If My Printer Is Offline yet, don’t feel blue! Just apply another provided fixing guide.
Solution 2: Restart Your Printer And Operating Device
The Printer Says Offline But Is Connected accurately and also even the network settings are all okay. So, in such a circumstance, first, turn your printer and computer off and after a while turn them on again. This reboot will fresh restart the connection between the printer and the computer / mobile device. A strong connection will prevent the printer from being offline. Always remember to clear all the active print jobs that were sent to the printer before pressing the restart button.
Solution 3: Reinstall/Update Your Printer Driver
If still, unable to understand Why Does It Say My Printer Is Offline, glimpse of the driver installed against your printer. The driver should be up-to-date otherwise if it is missing you can face printer offline issues. Also, you are recommended to check for new driver updates on your computer. If the update is available, follow the prompted procedures to get the latest released driver. More often, the manufacturer releases an upgraded version of printer software and driver to remove bugs. Therefore, it is highly suggested to update drivers to the latest released version as per the brand you are having. After updating your driver, print a test page to check if the printer has now become online. If it is still showing offline, don’t worry! Try another fixing solution.
Solution 4: Check-out Your Internet Connection
Make sure that your internet connection is “ON” and your device is not connected to any third-party proxy server. Also, ensure that you are not using any private networks for connection otherwise Printer Showing Offline But Is Online. Before resuming the print-task, disconnect proxy networks if any is associated as it could cause a conflict in the IP address.
Solution 5: Restart Print Spooler Service
Don’t know the exact reason Why Is My Printer Showing Offline? If really so, then Print Spooler would be the real cause of this problem. Here’s how to check and restart the service on your PC:
- First of all, press the “Windows Start” button and search for the “Run” option.
- Once the Run dialog box gets evolved, type in “services.msc” and hit the “Enter” key.
- Search for the word “Print Spooler”.
- Once you find this option, put a right-click on the Spooler Service.
- Thereafter, click on the “Restart” tab from the listed menus.
- Doing this will restart the ‘Printer spooler’ service.
Now, you can resume your print-job to check if the Printer Is Offline is sorted out or not. If the same error exists, jump to the next solution.
Solution 6: Up-to-date Your Printer’s IP Address
Just because of safety and security purposes, a network printer every now and then changes its IP address. In most of the cases, the default IP address is automatically updated on your computer. But, still, it is advised to personally check your printer configuration. Here’s how:
For Windows Operating System
- Go to the “Start” menu select the “Control Panel.”
- Now, click on the “Devices and Printers”
- Now, put a click on the desired printer that you operate from the list shown on the screen.
- After that, select the “Printer Properties”
- Then, click on the “Ports” tab and select “Configure port”.
- By doing this, the current IP address of your printer will be displayed on your screen.
- Make sure that the IP address of the printer is correctly added. If it is not, you can hassle-freely edit anytime and add the correct IP address of your printer.
For Mac OS
- First, put a click on the “Apple” menu.
- And then select the “System Preferences” tab.
- Now, choose the “Printers and Scanners” option.
- And then, click on “Options and Supplies.”
- This will let you edit and change the correct IP address for your printer device.
Now, you can start a print-job again to ensure the Printer Shows Offline error has been eradicated. If still, the printer is not turned to online, then implement the next proffered solution.
Solution 7: Manually Convert ‘Printer Offline’ Into ‘Printer Online’
If all these aforementioned solutions haven’t worked out, then force your printer to go online. The steps involved in it are mentioned underneath:
- First, open the “Windows Start” menu.
- Then, select the “Control Panel” option.
- And then, Click on the “Devices and Printers” tab.
- Place a right-click on your printer from the given-list.
- And then, choose “See What’s Printing”.
- Select the “Printer” tab.
- Now, click on the “Use Printer Online” option from the drop-down list.
- Bingo! Your printer is now online.
Thus, you can print anything without any worries, for sure.
Fruitful Directives To Walk Through If Printer Is Offline Windows 10
Due to lack of communication between your printer and computer, the Printer Is Offline Windows 10. The required course of action is listed below to get back your printer online. Let’s follow:
- First, type “Printers and Scanners” in the ‘Type here to search’ field.
- The list of relevant options will be opened in a new pane.
- You have to choose “Printers & Scanners” from the given list and hit on it.
- Afterward, select your exact printer model from the provided list and then tap on the “Open queue” button.
- A new window will pop up for your selected printer.
- Now, put a click on the “Printer” option located at the top-right corner.
- Finally, uncheck “Use Printer Offline” to forcefully turn your printer online from its offline mode.
Also read – HP Officejet Pro 8710 Offline
Obtain 24/7 Online Printer Support For Additional Help
Hopefully! The above-noted guidance has made you clear about Why Your Printer Is Offline and how to make it online. We have put our 100% effort and also tried our best in compiling the most suitable solving instructions for you. In case, after implementing all those solutions the printer is yet offline, then contact 24/7 Online Printer Support. Give an instant ring on the given helpline number and stay tuned with the talented technical team. You will get your problem fixed in a very short span.