To make your Epson printer work efficiently, you must know how to link it to your network. But often, printer users find it difficult to know how to connect the Epson printer to Wifi. The task is not very difficult to accomplish. But it’s possible that you won’t understand it by going through the manual.
This article will lay down the exact steps you must follow to enable a Wi-Fi connection for your Epson printing device in Windows and Mac. Not only that, but you’ll also find ways to troubleshoot Epson printer Wi-Fi connection problems.
Things to Know Before You Connect Epson Printer to Wifi
Before you begin the process to connect the Epson printer to the wireless network or your Epson printer is not responding So, you need to check certain points. They include the following.
- Your network name and credentials. You must be aware of your wireless network name or SSID or the wireless network key or password. To find your network credentials, you can check the label on your router. If you don’t find the credentials, go through the documentation that arrived with your device.
- Your printer must be configured with a wireless connection.
- You must have the Epson Connect Printer Setup Utility. If you don’t have it, download and install it.
How to Connect Epson Printer to WiFi
Both Windows and Mac users can connect the Epson printer to Wi-Fi by following a series of steps. They are described in detail below.
1. Windows 10
To begin the process of connecting, you need to go to the Control Panel with connected devices and printers. You can do so by typing ‘printer’ in the Windows search box and hitting Enter. Now, follow the steps below.
- Choose your printer if you are able to see it. If you cannot, examine if your printer is turned on. If it isn’t, you must turn it on.
- Tap ‘Add a Printer or Scanner’ to continue ahead.
- Choose your printer from the list.
- Double-tap on the printer’s name and hit ‘Set up.’
- Navigate to ‘Wi-Fi Settings.’
- Choose the ‘Wi-Fi Setup’ followed by the ‘Wi-Fi setup wizard.’
- Choose your network’s name and tap it.
- Input the password when you are prompted for it. Then, tap ‘Connect.’
- Wait for some time till the printer links with the Wi-Fi. When your printer establishes a connection with the Wi-Fi, you’ll view the wireless signal strength indicator on the right part of the screen.
You need to set up your Mac device with a network connection before connecting it with Wi-Fi. Adhere to the points below to connect the Epson printer to Wifi Mac.
- Run the Epson Connect Printer Setup Utility application on your system. Click ‘Continue.’
- You’ll notice a software license. Agree to it and tap ‘Continue.’
- Understand all the terms and conditions and tap ‘Agree.’
- After the installation finishes, choose your product and tap ‘Next.’
- Next, opt for ‘Printer Registration’ and proceed ahead.
- Tap ‘OK’ on the dialog box that says ‘Register a printer to Epson Connect.’
- After that, tap’ Next.’
Now you must do one of the following:
- If you are making a new account, fill in a ‘Create an Epson account.’
- If you are registering your product, tap ‘, I already have an account’ followed by ‘Close.’
- Now hit ‘Activate scan for cloud and remote print.’
- After the printer connects to Epson Connect, go to the ‘Settings’ and configure the Wi-Fi. You can set it in the ‘Wireless Network Connectivity options.
- Input your password, and your printing device will be linked with the wireless network.
Measures to Take When Epson Printer Won’t Connect to Wifi
Many people face issues in connecting their Epson printer to the wireless network. To fix common problems, you can implement a series of troubleshooting techniques. Some quick fixes that you can implement include the following.
- Bring your Epson printing device close to the Wi-Fi router.
- Disable your firewall and see if the connection gets established.
- Check that your Wi-Fi name and password are accurate.
- Inspect your network connection.
- Try linking some other devices to the router and see if it’s working properly or not.
- Find if there are pending firmware updates for the Epson printer. If they are available, apply them.
- Check that you have an updated Epson printer driver.
- Download and use the Reimage tool to repair Windows. Let the tool scan and analyze your system.
- Perform a factory reset and reset your printing device.
Also Check: Epson printer offline
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Epson Connect cannot find my printer. What should I do?
Epson Connect is a powerful feature that enables you to get printouts from your printer, no matter where you are. If this feature isn’t able to find your printer, follow the steps below to enable Epson Connect on your printer.
- Turn on your printer.
- Go to https://support.epson.net/ecsetup/ and download the Epson Connect printer setup on your system.
- The next step is to install the setup file.
- Choose your printer in the setup wizard and hit ‘Next.’
- Tap’ Printer registration’ followed by ‘Next.’
- Give you agree to the license terms.
- Load a paper into the printer, and tap ‘OK’ on the screen of printing confirmation in the setup wizard.
- Now, input all the needed data into the wizard and tap ‘Finish.’
2. I cannot find an access point on Epson Connect. What should I do?
If you’re unable to locate the access point on Epson Connect, there are some things you need to check. Follow all the steps here to fix this issue.
- See whether your access point and Wi-Fi router are functioning properly. To check it, link to it using another device.
- Ensure that your Epson printer is linked to the internet.
- Take your printer away from a radiation source like a large metal object, microwave oven, or cordless phone.
- See whether there are any access restrictions in Mac address filtering. If there are, input your Epson printer Mac address in the whitelist. It will prevent it from being obstructed by your access point.
- See whether the WPA passphrase and WEP key are entered accurately.
The series of steps listed in this article to connect the Epson printer to Wi-Fi will be helpful to both Windows and Mac users. Additionally, you can also find troubleshooting techniques for common issues that might crop up. They’ll allow you to connect the printer to Wi-Fi efficiently. If you want more assistance with it, connect with professional technical printer support services. The experts will answer all your queries about it.