At times when you attempt to print a document or anything else from your printer, you can face an Epson Printer Not Responding issue. If you are thinking why only you face all these issues, then you should know it is one of the most common errors experienced by Epson printer users. So, you are not alone plus we have the solution to this problem. Below in this blog, we have mentioned the best solutions to fix the Epson printer not responding issue.
You can troubleshoot your Epson printer by following the methods in our guide or contact our Epson printer support experts directly to let them fix your printer for you.
What Causes Epson Printer Not Responding Problem?
Your Epson printer might not respond due to various reasons. Mostly it is due to temporary errors like connection issues, outdated printer drivers, and many more. Given below are all the possible reasons that can cause the Epson printer not responding.
- Improper setup of Epson printer machine.
- Epson printer is not connected to the computer properly
- Faulty printer port settings that do not match with the printer connection port
- Epson printer not set as default
- Outdated or missing printer drivers
- After the Windows update, your system is not supporting the printer drivers
- Epson printer firmware issue
- Virus or Malware Infected PC
- The Printer File is corrupted
Steps To Fix Epson Printer Not Responding On Windows
If you are facing the Epson Printer Not Responding problem on your Windows and don’t know how to fix it then you’ve come to the right place. Given below are the steps you can use to fix your Epson printer and bring it back in the working state.
1. Check Your Printer Connection
Whenever your Epson printer stops printing, the first thing you need to do is check all the printer connections and wires. Make sure your printer is connected properly to the computer with no loose cables whatsoever. If it is a wireless printer, check the WiFi connection along with the printer connection. Check the following to make sure there is no issue with the connection
- First of all, check the USB cable. Try replugging it or change it if not working.
- In the case of a wireless printer, make sure your Epson printer is connected properly to the PC.
- Make sure your WiFi connection is stable.
- Your PC and wireless Epson printer should be connected to the same WiFi for a successful wireless connection.
- Restart your Printer and computer. Take out the power supply cable from the printer and wait for 30 seconds. Turn the printer and the PC on once again.
2. Delete Pending Print Tasks From the Queue
- Search for Printers and Scanners in the Windows search to open the printer settings.
- Navigate and select your printer from the list.
- Now you need to right-click on your printer icon and select the Printer Queue or See What’s Printing option.
- Here you will see all the pending print tasks. You can select all and delete them at once or do it one by one.
Check if your Epson printer not responding issue is fixed or not. If the problem persists, follow the last step i.e. reinstall the printer driver on your computer.
3. Reinstall Epson Printer Drivers
If your Epson printer is not responding, there might be some issue with the printer drivers. First of all, you need to check if there are any pending updates and install them right away. If that doesn’t work, you can follow the steps below to reinstall the printer drivers on your device.
- Search for Printer and Devices and select your Epson printer option.
- Now visit the Epson printer website and download the printer drivers compatible with your device. You will need to select your printer model and operating system to get the results.
- Click on Download and wait for the setup files to get downloaded on your device.
- Now open the download folder on your file manager and double click on the downloaded printer driver file.
- On the next Windows, click on Install and continue with your on-screen prompts.
- Once you are done with all the steps, select Finish and restart both your printer and computer.
- Attempt to print a document to check if your Epson printer not responding issue is resolved or not.
Your Epson printer should be working as fine as before now. However, if there’s still something wrong with your printer, we suggest you contact us directly on our Epson Support number. This number will connect you to our most talented printer experts who will help you out with your printer issues and fix them asap.