The printer setup can seem a bit troubling and there’s no doubt that performing the entire procedure in one go is tiring. However, if you perform the setup from 123.hp.com/setup with the help of the setup guide carefully then you can set up your HP printer setup without any issue. In this guide, we have mentioned the entire HP printer setup and installation procedure from scratch so that you can perform the setup with ease. Let’s not wait and get started with the procedure right away.
Things you need before Performing the Setup
Given below are the things that you need to perform the HP Printer Setup smoothly.
- Your HP Printer (Obviously)
- Ink cartridges. In most cases, the ink cartridges come along with your HP Printer.
- A laptop or computer to which you’ll be connecting your HP Printer
- Internet Connectivity to download and install printer drivers
- Ether cable and USB in case of wired printer
As soon as you collect all these things, you can start with the printer setup procedure mentioned below in this blog.
123.hp.com/setup – HP Printer Setup and Installation Steps
Follow the below procedure step by step to set up and install your HP Printer on your computer.
Step 1: Unbox HP Printer and Prepare the Setup
- Take the printer machine out of the box and keep it on a clean surface.
- Remove all the accessories from the box that includes, ink cartridges, feeder tray, power cord, power module, and the print setup manual.
- The next step is to remove the tapes, packaging, and adhesives from the printer and all its accessories. You can refer to the printer manual to check all the printer components.
- Setup your printer nearby the WiFi router while maintaining a 5 feet distance and no obstruction in the way.
- Put a stack of a maximum of 10-15 papers in the paper tray.
- Take the power cable and connect it to the printer and power socket.
- Turn the printer on from the power source and then the power button on your printer. Complete the setup by selecting the Date, time, language, etc.
Step 2: Install the Ink Cartridge
- Open the access door of your ink cartridge using the guiding slots.
- Wait for the carriage to slide in the middle.
- Take out the ink cartridges from the packet. Installing ink cartridges is an easy task however, the procedure can differ from printers to printers.
- Remove the orange plastic tape from the cartridge by holding it from the sides. Make sure to not touch the copper contacts.
- It’s time to insert the ink cartridge into the slot. While you do so, keep the label up and nozzle down. Make sure you place the cartridge in the right slot according to their color.
- You will hear a sharp clicking sound when the cartridge is installed properly.
- Now you can close the access door and continue with the next step.
Step 3: Download and Install HP Printer Drivers From 123.hp.com/setup
Now that you have set up your HP printer completely, it’s time to install the printer drivers on your computer from 123.hp.com/setup.
- First of all, make sure that your computer has an active internet connection.
- Go to 123.hp.com/setup and download the HP Smart App on your device.
- HP Smart App will help you with the entire setup procedure from installing printer drivers on your PC to performing the print and scan tasks as well as troubleshooting any problem with your printer.
- Continue with the instructions on your computer screen and complete the setup.
Note that if you are a Mac user, you need to connect your HP printer to the computer first and then install the printer drivers.
Step 4: Connect your HP Printer to the PC
As soon as you finish installing the drivers from 123.hp.com/setup on your device, it will automatically detect your HP printer. Next, you need to select the connection type as USB or wireless. Follow the steps below to connect your HP Printer as per the connection type.
Connecting the Printer to PC With the USB Cable
- First of all, Select USB as your connection type.
- Now connect the USB to your Printer and another end to the computer.
- Follow the prompts on your screen to finish the printer computer connection setup.
Connecting the Printer to the PC Wirelessly
- Go to the printer’s control panel and select the Network/Wireless option.
- Select Settings and then choose Wireless Setup Wizard.
- When you see the list of available networks, click on your WiFi network name.
- Enter the password and connect your printer to the Network.
Step 5: Install the Printer Software and Restart the Printer
Now that all the heavy work is done, it’s time to install the printing software on your computer. You can install HP printer assistance or HP Easy Start from 123.hp.com/setup and use it to easily manage your print and scan tasks from your computer. Once you do so, the last step is to restart your printer support and PC. After the devices boot up again, try printing a document to be sure if the setup is done properly.