HP printers are known for their stellar performance. However, people who have purchased the printer of this brand for the first time may get confused about how to set it up. It’s common to find them struggling with linking their computer with their wireless printer. You can effectively carry out this whole process through the 123.hp.com/setup website. On this page, you will find well-updated information about different kinds of HP printers and their drivers, along with troubleshooting assistance. By using the site and the instructions in this article, you’ll benefit from a successful setup process. It will help you understand the different stages of the printer setup, driver download, and installation. Thus, you will become ready to start using your printer efficiently.
Points to Note before Setting up Your HP Printer
Before you head over to the 123.hp/setup website, there are certain points you should be aware of beforehand. They include the following.
- You must remember to download a suitable drive for your HP printer model. If you don’t do so, you’ll be unable to set up the printer correctly. On the setup page, you will find appropriate drivers for all HP printer models like:
- Officejet Pro
- Envy Pro
- You must switch on your HP printer when you commence the setup process. At this time, your printer should also be linked to the same Wi-Fi network with which your computer is connected. Do so by pressing the Wi-Fi button on the machine.
- Take a moment to examine your Firewall settings. Ensure that the Firewall isn’t obstructing the printer driver.
Setup Your Printer through 123.hp.com/setup
To set up your HP printer correctly, you need proper guidance. That’s why, we recommend you visit 123 hp.com/setup, where you can enter your printer name and find all the necessary information about setup, driver download, and installation. The process of setup the printer can be divided into the sections below.
1. Prepare your printer for the setup.
Start by taking out your brand new printer from its box. After that, follow these simple instructions.
- Place your printer on a flat surface. Remove the packing materials.
- You will find a user manual, USB cable, power cord, and a CD-installation driver in the package. There will also be ink cartridges in it.
- After removing the tape and packing material, pull out the output and input tray.
- Next, open the tray and remove the tapes on the width and longitudinal markers.
- Extend the sheet to its maximum capacity. Load the white paper bundle into the input tray.
- Now drag the longitudinal markers so that the papers are tight. Now close the tray.
2. Align the printer cartridges
Aligning ink cartridges is necessary for a 123 hp printer setup as, without it, your hp printer won’t print properly. Follow these pointers for aligning cartridges.
- Take off the protective plate on the scanner’s glass.
- Clean the glass.
- Make sure to place the document on the scanner’s faces as per the markings on the alignment.
- Hit ‘OK‘ and wait till the printer aligns.
3. Establish printer connection
You can set up a connection via a USB cable or a wireless connection. Both these setups are explained below.
1. Connection setup via USB cable
- USB cable ports are utilized to plug in the USB cable in your network router or computer.
- Insert the USB cable’s ports in your printing device and your system.
- Now, adhere to the guidelines on your screen to install the printer driver software.
2. Connection setup via wireless connection
- Begin by touching the wireless button on your printer’s screen.
- When you see the blue light, hit ‘Settings‘ on the printer’s screen.
- Now, choose the ‘Wireless Setup Wizard option. Then, select ‘Yes.’
- Go through the guidelines you see on the screen.
- The HP printing machine will start detecting the available router networks.
- From the list, choose your router and input the network password to connect.
- Adhere to the prompts on your screen and confirm the wireless connection.
4. Install cartridges of HP printer
Many HP printers run on dual ink cartridges. You will find the ink cartridge in the package along with other things like a USB cable, power cable, user manual, and CD driver.
- To install the ink cartridge, remove the tap under it.
- Next, position the ink cartridges in the slots provided for them.
- Lastly, lock it properly in the latch position.
How to Use 123.hp.com/setup to Install HP Printer
Now that you are all done with the setup process, it’s time to install your printer. You do it by downloading drivers from the 123.hp.com.setup page. Given below are the instructions to install HP printers for Windows, Mac, and mobile phones.
Switch on your printer to start installing your HP printer on your Windows OS. After that, follow these instructions.
- Connect the printer with the router.
- Next, head over to 123 hp.com/setup.
- Once there, download the driver for your specific printer model.
- After the download ends, navigate to the folder where you have saved it.
- Double-tap the driver and go by the prompts on your screen to set them up on your system.
- Then head over to ‘Control Panel‘ and tap ‘Devices and Printers.’
- In the next window, click ‘Add Printer.’
- After picking this option, you will see a tab appearing. It is for you to choose your printing device.
- When you choose it, tap ‘Next‘ to proceed.
- Wait for some time for your HP printer to connect to your computer.
- That’s it. You’ve successfully installed your printer on your Windows operating system by using 123.hp.setup. Now you can try printing a document.
Like Windows, the process of installing the HP printer drivers on Mac through 123 hp.com/setup is also simple. Turn on your printer model and adhere to these prompts.
- Link your printer with the router.
- Now use the 123.hp.com/setup website page to download the drivers.
- Double-tap on the downloaded file to commence installation.
- After that, add the printer to your Mac. For it, go to ‘System Preferences‘ in the menu.
- Next, click the ‘Printers & Scanners’ option.
- Hit the addition sign on the left part.
- Choose your printer model in the following screen and hit the add button to complete the installation process.
You can also connect your HP printer model to your mobile phone through 123hp.setup. To do it, follow the steps below.
- Ensure that your printer hardware is working properly.
- Check that the printer and your smartphone use the same network.
- Next, download the HP ePrint app via 123.ho.com/setup on your phone.
- Select the data usage preference on your phone and tap ‘Done.’
- In the window that appears, select ‘Grant Permission‘ for the setup and add your email account.
- Next, follow the instructions to access the file you wish to print.
- Launch the HP ePrint app for printing any file.
- Tap on the file and go to the file folder.
- From here, select the document you wish to print.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Why is my HP printer not connecting to my computer?
Many users find that their HP software cannot access the printer at the time of the connection setup process. To resolve this issue, you can use HP Print and Scan Doctor. Follow these steps to use it.
- Load the paper into the main tray and switch on the printer.
- Download HP Print and Scan Doctor. After downloading, go through the prompts to install the tool and open it.
- Tap ‘Start‘ on the welcome screen to choose your printer and run the tool.
- If you don’t see your printer, tap ‘My product is not listed.’
- Now, adhere to the instructions to fix the connection.
2. How to setup HP Deskjet 2752 printer?
To set up HP Deskjet 2752 printing model, first, remove the cover from the device. Then connect it to a power source and adhere to these steps.
- After connecting the printer to its power source, download recent drivers and printer software.
- Check that your printer is linked to a wired or wireless connection.
- Now sign in to your HP account.
- Load the paper into the cartridges.
- Give a test print.
3. Why is my wireless printer not connecting to Wi-Fi?
Wireless HP printer won’t connect to Wi-Fi if you have obsolete drivers and firmware. So, you must troubleshoot this problem by having relevant software. Head over to HP’s official website and look for your printer model in the support section. Then download the compatible driver and software package. It will easily fix the connection problem you are facing. You can also reboot your printer and use it.
4. How to print effectively after setting the printer through 123.hp.com/setup?
After you set up your printer, you can take certain measures to ensure an effective printing process. Here are some tips to follow.
- Keep your HP printer on always.
- Ensure that the printer head and nozzles are clean and free of dust.
- You must align the sheets in your printer properly.
- When you can, check that the layout of the object is correct.
Now you can expertly use the website 123.hp.com/setup and set up your printer on different devices. Follow the various guidelines explained in the post carefully to benefit from a hassle-free printer setup process. If you need more support setting up your HP printer model, connect with a professional printer support service.