Printers have become one of the basic needs today and whenever we think about a quality printer, HP comes in mind first. There is no doubt that HP printers are filled with amazing advanced features that help users in doing multi-tasking. But to use the HP printer you need to establish the printer connection. You will find WPS Pin on HP Printer that helps in establishing connections easily. All modern HP printers use wireless connection setup and this technology makes users able to print documents anytime and from anywhere. In a wireless printer, you don’t need to take the pain of connecting wires, instead of with few clicks you will easily connect your printer with Wi-Fi as well as with your computer. The printer can also be connected with mobile and tablet without any hassle.
What is WPS Pin?
WPS pin you find in wireless printers, it stands for- Wi-Fi Protected Setup. In technical words, it is a network security standard that is wireless. Printer users utilize this technology to connect their printer with wireless devices and router. In this way, users can connect the printer with other devices or router in a faster and easier way.
There are two types of WPS connection, see below:
- WPS Button
- WPS Pin
How to connect the printer using WPS Button?
Follow the below instructions to connect your wireless HP printer using the WPS button.
- Switch on your printer, and go to Control Panel.
- Now press the Wireless or Setting Button, after pressing you will notice a blue light blinking.
- Next, go to Wi-Fi Protect Setup, and then follow the on-screen instructions of the printer.
- After doing this, now you have to tap on WPS Button. When you do this then the printer will ask to press the WPS button on the router.
- Now move to the printer, for setting a wireless connection, you need to tap on Continue.
- Wireless connection is now established, your printer is ready to use.
Connecting printer using WPS Pin on HP Printer
- First, you need to go on the Control Panel of your HP printer.
- Follow the on-screen instruction of the printer after tapping on Wi-Fi Protected Setup.
- Now you will see a PIN on the screen, tap on this and you will see the WPS PIN displayed on the HP printer screen.
- Next, you have to access the configuration utility or the software that is used for the wireless access point or wireless router. Enter the WPS PIN.
- When you are done with the setup, open the HP folder and go to Printer Setup and Software. Now select the “Connect a new printer’ option. Hence, in this way, you will easily install the Network Printer Driver.
Get Further Help from Experts for WPS Pin
Above mentioned steps are easy to perform for the HP printer users who are seeking for help. HP printers come with amazing features, that allow users to take print, scan, fax and even take out a duplex copy. Connecting the printer using the WPS method makes it hassle-free. If you find a problem in connecting wireless HP printer then you can call on Printer Support Number for the help of trained technicians.