Since printers are modern-day essentials, especially in offices and homes. But when it comes to choosing a brand, HP attracts everyone’s attention. It is loaded with incredible features that help you multi-task. Finding a WPS pin on an HP printer can be tricky if you are not familiar with the steps. Before you go ahead, use the HP printing features, to establish the printer connection where you’ll need a WPS pin.
How To Find WPS Pin On HP printer?
To establish a connection, you’ll require a WPS pin on HP printer to execute the tasks. All modern HP printers use a wireless connection setup and this technology allows users to print documents anytime and from anywhere.
You don’t need to take the pain of connecting wires. Instead of with a few clicks, you can easily connect your printer with Wi-Fi as well as with your computer. That’s the good thing about wireless printers. The printer can also be connected to mobile phones and tablets without any hassles.
What is WPS Pin?
WPS stands for Wi-Fi Protected Setup. It is an eight-digit security code to connect the printer with a computer with two or more devices anywhere in the office. For printing a document— you no longer need to connect your printer with wire.
A wireless configuration to connect the system when required. In technical terms, words, it is a network security standard that is wireless. Users utilize this technology to connect their printers with wireless devices and routers. In this way, users can connect the printer with other devices or routers in a faster and easier way.
WPS can work only if you have a wireless network available and you use a password, then the password should be encrypted with WPA2 Personal or WPA Personal security protocols. Hence, the WPS button simplifies the connection process.
There are two types of WPS connection, see below:
- WPS Button
- WPS Pin
How to connect the printer using the WPS push button?
Before you connect using a WPS push button, you need to understand that the push button is required only for those printers that don’t have the screen at the top and have no access to the control panel settings of the printer.
If you are using one of those printers, there are other methods available to connect the printer to a computer or other devices. This method is called the “WPS push button”. For such printers, other methods are available to connect the printer and the computer or other devices. This method is called the “WPS push button”.
Now follow the instructions to connect your wireless HP printer using the WPS button.
- Switch on your printer, and go to Control Panel.
- Now press the Wireless or Setting Button, after pressing you will notice a blue light blinking.
- Next, go to Wi-Fi Protect Setup, and follow the on-screen instructions of the printer.
- After doing this, now you have to tap on WPS Button. When you do this then the printer will ask to press the WPS button on the router.
- Now move to the printer, for setting a wireless connection, you need to tap on Continue.
- Wireless connection is now established, your printer is ready to use.
Also Read: Complete Guide For HP 2542 Wireless Setup
Connecting printer using WPS Pin on HP Printer
- First, you need to go on the control panel of your HP printer.
- Follow the on-screen instructions of the printer after tapping on Wi-Fi Protected Setup.
- Now you will see a PIN on the screen, tap on this and you will see the WPS PIN displayed on the HP printer screen.
- Next, you have to access the configuration utility or the software used for the wireless access point or wireless router. Enter the WPS PIN.
- When you are done with the setup, open the HP folder and go to Printer Setup and Software. Now select the “Connect a new printer option. Hence, in this way, you will easily install the network printer driver.
You may also like: How to Switch HP 8610 Printer Offline to Online?
Get Further Help from Experts for WPS Pin
Above mentioned steps are easy to perform for HP printer users who are seeking help. HP printers come with amazing features, that allow users to print, scan, fax, and even take out a xerox copy.
Don’t you think connecting the printer using the WPS method is hassle-free? If you are having trouble connecting a wireless HP printer, you can contact the Printer Support Number for assistance from trained technicians.