HP error code 49.4c02 occurs due to an issue with print jobs. In case you are experiencing the issue, we suggest you clear all the print jobs from the queue first to fix the problem. If you don’t know how to clear print jobs, you must read this blog and find the answer yourself. You can try disabling the advanced printing features to troubleshoot the error. Sometimes, the error also occurs when you are using “Franklin Gothic Book font”. It might sound weird but we have seen many situations where the same error has occurred only when using this font.
Still, experiencing HP Printer Error Code 49.4c02? Continue reading the blog post and find all the solutions yourself. Alternatively, you can also take the help of our printer experts by using our Printer Help Number and let our techs fix your issue instead.
Fix HP Printer Error Code 49.4c02 in Easy Steps
Use the below solutions one by one until the HP Printer Error Code 49.4c02 is fixed.
Step 1: Try Printing a Test Page
First of all, turn off your printer and remove the cord that connects your printer to your PC. Turn on your printer without connecting it back to the PC. When your printer switches on, proceed to print a test page.
If you can print a test page without facing any error, this means that the problem is with the print jobs in the queue which would be resolved by clearing them. Otherwise, continue further to keep troubleshooting your HP printer.
Step 2: Remove the Print Jobs from the Queue
To clear the print jobs, first of all, open your printer and then right-click on the Printer icon on the bottom right corner of your PC. Doing this will open the print queue after which you can delete them all one by one.
Step 3: Disable Advance Printing
To disable advanced printing features from your Printer, follow the steps given below:
- Open Windows Logo printers and select the printer queue.
- Put your cursor on the queue and left click.
- Select Printing preference and then click on Advance option.
- Click on the advanced printing features option below the document tab.
- Click to disable the feature.
After following the above steps, try printing a test page again to see if the HP Printer Error Code 49.4c02 is fixed or not.
Step 4: Make sure you are not using Franklin Gothic Book Font
Sometimes, but strangely the error is caused when you are trying to print a document with Franklin Gothic Book font. If that’s the case with you, then you should follow the steps below:
- Enable the “Send True Type as Bitmaps” settings in PCL 5e or PCL 6 drivers Advanced setting.
- If using PS driver, go to the Advanced settings tab of the driver first and then set the True Type Font Download to Bitmap under PostScript option.
Check if the HP Printer Error Code 49.4c02 is fixed, continue further if not. For easy troubleshooting, contact HP printer experts and let them do the complicated work for you.
Step 5: Flash Your Printer Firmware
- Switch on your printer and when it’s ready, print a test page.
- Check your printer firmware version and then press the Select button.
- Now open the information menu by pressing the down button.
- Click on select and then again click the Down button to check the print configuration.
- Click on Select to print out a test page. You will see the firmware date and details on the test page in the Printer information section.
- On your Computer,
- Go to Start and open the Run dialog box.
- Enter CMD or COMMAND in the box and then hit Ok.
- Find where the printer firmware is saved like in C:Firmware and copy that in the command box.
- Hit Enter and copy paste “copy /B *.RFU LPT1” in the opened box.
- Now you need to hit the Enter key to copy the firmware file and then upgrade it.
- You will see a message saying “Receiving Upgrade”. Make sure to not interrupt the procedure in between as it can damage your printer severely.
After the upgrade is finished, you will see the Ready status on your screen. Now, switch off your printer machine and wait a while. Turn your printer again and print a test page again.
Check for the printer firmware revision in the printer information section on the test page. If you experience issues, with the upgrade, follow the steps below
Step 6: Emergency Firmware Update Procedure
- First of all, switch off your printer.
- Press and hold the Cancel button and turn on the printer simultaneously. Doing this will show lit up the Ready and Attention LEDs.
- Now you can release the cancel button and then press the select button for a few seconds and then release it.
- Press and hold the Resume button and then release it. This will show up a message “Load File and Execute” on your printer screen.
- Now press and hold the UP button and then release it. Continue this until you see the program file to slot 4 flash displaying.
- Hold and press and select buttons. Do the same again, until the Download File message displays on your screen.
- Right click on the start icon on your computer.
- Open the Run dialog box and type CMD or COMMAND in the box.
- Navigate to the directory where the printer firmware is saved like C:FIRMWARE. You need to type that path in the command window.
- Hit enter and type “copy /B *.RFU LPT1” in the prompt.
- Again hit enter to copy the firmware file and upgrade it.
- If the upgrade is successfully started, you’ll see the “Receiving Upgrade” message on your printer screen.
Make sure there are no interruptions between the upgrade as it can cause damage to your printer badly.
You’ll see the Ready status on your screen after the upgrade is finished after which you need to switch off your printer device. Let it be like that for about 15-20 seconds and turn it back again.
Print a test page and your printer firmware is added to the list under the Printer information section.
If you are still experiencing HP Printer Error Code 49.4c02, it’s time you should give us a call at our Printer Help Number to let our printer experts resolve the matter for you. We will help you get to the root cause of the issue and then fix it immediately.