Are you one of those who are encountering the “Canon Printer in Error State” problem while using the Canon printer on Windows 10? Canon Printer in Error State is one of the most common yet complex obstacles that all printer brands face once a while. Consider updating printer drivers and repairing port issues can resolve such errors very easily. On the other hand, users can also make use of the Printer Support Number for fetching the expert’s guidance.
Essential Points Before Beginning with Troubleshooting Methods:
- Check whether the connection between your computer system and your canon printer is fine.
- Make sure your Canon printer is in active mode.
- The network (either Bluetooth or wireless) is obstacle-free.
- USB and other power capable you make use for the connection have no issues.
Repair Port Issues:
- Go to Device Manager on your windows 10 by using a search box.
- Click on the ‘View’ menu where you will come across the ‘Show Hidden Devices’ option.
- Here, Ports (COM & LPT) options will also appear that you need to right-click to expand the category.
- Go to the ‘Properties’ option from the pop-up menu and opt for the ‘Port Settings’ tab.
- An option saying ‘Use any interrupt assigned to port’ that you need to click.
- Click on the ‘OK’ option after checking the tick mark to the box which is stating enable legacy plug and play detection.
- Restart your computer as well as printer to apply the changes.
Doing so will help you to quick fixCanon Printer in Error State. If not, you should move to below troubleshooting methods.
No Updated Printer Drivers Available for Windows 10: Use Drivers for Windows 8
It might happen sometimes that no updated Canon printer drivers available for Windows 10. In such cases, you should make use of Printer Drivers compatible with Windows 8 which might work for windows 10. For that, you need to uninstall the existing driver by following the below-mentioned steps:
- Firstly, go to ‘Settings’ from Windows 10 and then click on the ‘Devices’ option.
- Now, you need to opt for the ‘Printers & Scanners’ option, you should select the printer.
- After that, you should click on the ‘Remove Device’ option and then click on the ‘Yes’ button.
- Once done with un-installation, you should download the drivers for windows 8 from the official website.
- Next, you will have to click on the .exe file for flawless installation of the drivers which may work for windows 10.
Old Canon Printer Driver Is Not Detectable: Update it
Unavailability of an older canon printer driver means that the driver installed for your device is either outdated or is not compatible with the operating system. Moreover, it may also mean that your computer system fails to recognize it and the driver is corrupt. If your canon printer is not capable enough to find out any drivers to install, you should update your driver. To do so:
- You will have to open the ‘Device Manager’ option by typing device manager in the search box on your Windows 10.
- You will come across a list of devices in which you need to select your device. Next, you should right-click to opt for ‘Search automatically for updated driver’ option.
- Opt for the ‘Update Driver’ option and you will be able to update your Canon printer driver with optimum ease.
Check Out the Alternative Option to Fix Canon Printer in Error State
It might happen that all the above-discussed troubleshooting solutions are not capable of resolving such errors. Hence, users look for the alternative solution via which they can avoid Canon Printer in error state problems very easy. For the instant resolution, what you need to do is to put a simple call at Printer Support Number.This helpdesk service completely a toll-free facility and remains active round the clock in order to connect you to experts. Furthermore, they will direct you the right instructions and provide you with proper supervision to fix canon printer problems quickly.