There are several possible factors for receiving an HP Printer Not Responding error message during print-job. Generally when you upgrade your Windows from 7 to 8 or 10, then this problem arises because your printer may not be selected as a default onto the upgraded Windows. Furthermore, due to having an outdated printer driver installed in your PC, this common problem occurs while printing. When you get such an error, you can’t print anything until the problem solves. Therefore, if anyone who is unable to cope-up this specific error issue with HP printer, then they are suggested to obtain the reliable and cost-effective HP Printer Support from highly skilled and dedicated technicians. They are the one who has proficiency to deal with any kind of printing problems in just a second and make the users feel relaxed by delivering world-class solution.
Solutions to Fix HP Printer Not Responding In Windows 10/8.1/7
Spend your quality time over here despite wandering as the underneath information will gonna fruitful for you in resolving the HP Printer Not Responding error. Hence, have a glance on the noted points and follow each one of them one-by-one:
Solution 1: Disable Your Antivirus and Firewall Program
In some circumstances, the occurrence of HP Printer Not Responding error can cause due to installed anti-virus or firewall. For safety and security purpose, everyone uses Antivirus software in their operating device. But sometime this application may stop other program to access. So, if your HP Printer is not giving any response when printing the document, you first need to check your antivirus if it is the problem. Once it is confirmed that this application is creating trouble for the users in printing, you must disable it temporarily sooner and then check if that helps. If not, then try to completely remove your third-party antivirus software from your computer by clicking on “Uninstall” tab. Once you do that, check if the problem is still appearing or has sorted out from the root. In case, you find the same problem, continue eradicating with the next solution method.
Solution 2: Check All the Connections of Your HP Printer
One of the most obvious reasons for encountering HP Printer Not Responding error is inappropriate or loose connections. That’s why; we suggest you to check at first your printer’s connections connected with the desktop or laptop and make sure all are correctly and tightly plugged-in. If the printer connects via USB port, then try to connect it with an alternative USB port. For Wi-Fi printers, you are required to check that the printer is connected to the correct Wi-Fi network. And then print the document to check if the problem solves.
Solution 3: Run the Printer Troubleshooter in Windows 10
When you confront Printer Not Responding error during print-job, then this problem might be able to easily fix by simply running a troubleshooter on your Windows PC. Though, Windows 10/8.1/7 has various troubleshooters that are used for annihilating the most common technical problems. Therefore, run the troubleshooter on your system with the help of below instructions to fix the printer not recognizing problem:
- In the beginning, what you should actually do is to press the Windows + I keys simultaneously on your keyboard to open the “Settings” app
- Once the Settings app opens up on the Window screen, go to “Update & Security” section
- Choose the “Troubleshoot” option from the menu appearing on the left. And then choose “Printer” in the right pane, and press on the “Run the troubleshooter” button
- After doing that, follow the on-screen instructions to complete the troubleshooter running process
This may fix your Printer Not Responding In Windows 10/8.1/7 problem. If yet the same error persists, use the next provided solution.
Solution 4: Update Your Printer’s Device Driver
As we have already given the statement that outdated printer driver can be one of the possible reasons for Printer Not Responding problem. So, in this guide you should first check your driver if it is outdated, install the latest one for your printer. The easiest way to get the newest printer driver is to use Device Manager. Here is how to do so:
- First, you need to open Device Manager by simply pressing the Windows Key + X on your keyboard and then choose Device Manager from the given-list
- After that, find your printer from the list and then give a right-click on it
- Now, choose “Update driver” option
- And then select the “Search automatically for updated driver software” option
- After doing that your Windows will now start downloading the latest suitable driver for your printer. If this doesn’t work out for making your driver up-to-date, then from the manufacturer’s website you can directly download the latest driver and hence print anything
If the same problem still exists, then go to the next troubleshooting method
Solution 5: Make Sure Your Printer Is Selected As Default on Windows 10
You should however also check the printer which is not responding that it is chosen the default one on your operating system. If you don’t find it, then select your default printer through the below-proffered steps:
- First of all, you have to enter the ‘Default Printer’ into the Cortana search box and then select “Change default printer” from the Window that opens-up
- That window having an option “Let Windows manage my default printer” too, which you may turn it off if required
- Now in the next step, you should go to the Control Panel and there click on “Devices and Printers” tab. On this Window you can see a green tick to highlight your default printer. You can give a right-click on an alternative printer from there and select the option “Set as default printer”
By doing this, your printer is now be chosen as default and there will no issue occurs while printing. But if yet your HP Printer Not Responding, follow the next solution.
Solution 6: Check the Compatibility with Your Windows 10 and Printer
In case, you have recently upgraded your Windows 8 to Windows 10, then before printing any document you must check your printer for the compatibility with the platform. Though, you can check if a printer is compatible with Windows 10 at the manufacturer’s website. Let’s do it!
Solution 7: Restart the Print Spooler Service
In order to frequently print anything from your HP Printer, Windows relies on the Print Spooler service, but sometimes few glitches may occur with this service. And those issues can lead to Printer Not Responding error message and some other similar problems. However, you may exterminate this issue from the following points:
- Press Windows + R keys at the same time on your keyboard and then type ‘services.msc’ in the search box. Now press Enter or click OK
- Once the “Services” window pops-up onto the screen, locate and place double-click on the “Print Spooler” option
- “Print Spooler Properties” window opens, on that you have to set the “Startup type” to Automatic and then click on “Start” button to start the service. If the service is running, tap “Stop” button, wait for a few minute and then again click “Start”
- After that, the save changes successfully
- Once you restart this service, the problem may get completely resolved and hence your printer will now start printing
In case, you get the same error message, then go to the next guideline.
Solution 8: Make Sure Your Printer Is Configure Properly
If your printer is not configured properly, then there is a chance of receiving HP Printer Not Responding message while printing. To fix this issue, you have to go through the following steps:
- Open the “Control Panel” and then go to the “Devices and Printers” section
- Search your printer from the given-list, right-click on it and then choose “Printer properties” option
- Next you have to go to the “Ports” tab. And give assurance that the proper port is selected. After confirming this, give a click on “Apply” and “OK” button to save the changes
After making this small adjustment in your printer configuration, check whether the problem gets solved or not. Keep on following the next solution if again receiving the same error message.
Solution 9: Install the Latest Updates
Time-to-time Microsoft is releasing new updates and Windows automatically downloads these updates. However, sometimes you might miss an update or two, but don’t worry you can anytime install them manually by following guides:
- Open the “Settings” app on your Windows 10
- Navigate to “Update & Security” section
- Click on “Check for updates” button
- By doing this, Windows will now check for any available updates and download them in the ba;;;ckground. Once the updates are done, restart your system and check the problem if has sorted out or not
Take HP Printer Help from Experts Hand
If none of these aforementioned fixing methods are beneficial in elimination of HP Printer Not Responding error, then don’t pull your hair! As we have tech-specialists who will cater one-stop solution at an instant. Therefore, place a single call on helpline number quickly and take HP Printer Help to fix your problem with no effort.