Believe it or not, Brother Printer is ultimately the finest printing device comes up with cutting-edge technology and exceptional features. However, it often shows an error state message and might hamper your productivity. To fix Brother Printer in Error State, you should determine precise solutions via which you can have a smooth experience. Besides, it can be better to avail Brother Printer Support to apply troubleshooting actions for the complete resolution to such errors.
Why you get Brother Printer Error State Message?
- Corrupted software changes.
- Outdated printer driver.
- Printer stuck due to paper jams
- Connection hurdles.
- Low ink level and many more can be a fundamental reason.
Once you determine the root causes, you should begin with preliminary approaches to check if you can exterminate such problems.
Keep Things to Ensure Before Utilizing Any Problem-Solving Method
- Check the USB connection.
- Make sure, the wireless connection is also stable.
- Your computer system is functioning smoothly.
- Properly check out the ink level and paper jamming.
- And many more things
Significant Methods to Troubleshoot Brother Printer in Error State Issues
Solution 1- Change the Offline or Pause Printing Status of Brother Printer
- In order to do so, you should go to Control Panel on your personal computer system.
- Afterward, you will have to click on ‘View Devices and Printers’ available under ‘Hardware and Sound’ option
- Select the option saying ‘set as default printer’ by right-clicking on the printer you are using.
- Hereafter, you should right-click on the default printer and then go to ‘See What’s Printing’ option.
- Go to ‘Printer’ which is available at the top left.
- Untick ‘Pause printing’ as well as ‘Use Printer Offline’ mentioned over there.
- Once done successfully, you should restart the printer and check if Brother Printer in Error State is completely resolved.
Solution 2- Restart Print Spooler to Resolve Brother Printer In Error State
- Go to start menu and type cmd to open command prompt window.
- Right-click to click on ‘Run as Administrator’ option.
- Moving to the next option will ask you to click on the ‘Yes’ option for allowing user account control.
- Type net stop spooler and tap on the ‘Enter’ button directly from your keyboard.
- You will come across a message saying ‘The Print Spooler was stopped’.
- Again, type net start spooler and then hit the ‘Enter’ button using the keyboard. Here, you will again come across a message stating ‘The Print Spooler was started successfully’
- After completing the above step, you should close the cmd and the restart printer and computer.
As a result, you will be able to get rid of Brother Printer in error state problems from the root. Moreover, you can either choose Brother Printer Support or move forward to an alternative solution for the complete resolution.
Solution 3- Enable Automatic Updation Of Brother Printer Drivers
- Go to start menu and type device manager in the search box and open ‘Device Manager’
- Moving to the next step by clicking on the ‘View’ section.
- Afterward, you should click on an option stating ‘Show Hidden Devices’ and then expand the list by clicking ‘Print Queues’.
- Click on the ‘Update Driver’ option by right-clicking on the ‘Brother Driver’ option.
- Once you click, you will be able to search for the updated driver automatically.
Solution 4- Enable Plug and Play Detection to Resolve Printer in Error State
- Go to ‘Device Manager’ by typing device manger in the run box.
- Reach out to the ‘View’ section and then select the ‘Show Hidden Devices’ option.
- Now, you should opt for the Ports (COM & LPT) option and then expand the list by clicking on it.
- Here, an ECP Printer Port (LPT1) will appear which needs to be right clicked to open ‘Properties’.
- Next to the ‘General’ Tab, ‘Ports Settings’ option appears. Users should click on it and then select a radio button stating ‘Use any interrupt assigned to the port’.
- You should also make sure that you have checked the ‘Enable Legacy Plug and Play Detection’ option.
- Click ‘Ok’ and then reboot the printer.
Solution 5- Uninstall the Brother Printer and then Reinstall It Back to Your PC
- Open the Settings option directly from your computer system and then go to the ‘Devices’ option.
- Now, you need to select the option says ‘Printer and Scanners’ and then choose ‘Brother Printer’.
- Click on the ‘Remove Device’ option and then opt for ‘Yes’ to remove your device from your computer system.
- Install your Brother Printer again to the PC and check whether your problem still occurs or not.
Further Instruction if the above Steps did not Help You
Unfortunately, if the Brother Printer in Error State message still takes place, you should not take the stress. You can easily fetch the right kind of troubleshooting instructions under the supervision of experts by availing Printer support service. So, instead of wandering for the right helping hand, you should get the instant resolution using the same.